Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Deputy Edwin Salinda Charged with Child Sexual Assault

A sheriff's deputy is behind bars Tuesday after he was charged with six counts of sexual assault on a child. According to court documents, the alleged incidents happened from 1992 to 1996.

A woman says that Edwin Salinda sexually assaulted her on at least 30 separate occasions when she was between the ages of six and eight.

Salinda was first arrested on November 9, 2009 but was released. At the time, he was put on leave without pay. He has subsequently been suspended.

Salinda has been with the sheriff's department for approximately 18 years. His bail has been set at $100,000.

1 comment:

LindaToo said...

This is the worse miscarriage of justice I have ever seen. Not only should the swamp pig belong behind bars, but they should also house him with the general population. The victim who was 6 years old when her uncle first started raping her contacted me this morning through my Injustice By Conspiracy site. All this lady wants is to tell her side of the story and that is what I'm going to do. The victim is now 23 years old, the rape has caused her deep emotional scars. When I finish her side of the story I have no doubt that all of you will agree with me. The prosecutor and judge should both be fired and I don't care who made the plea bargain. We all know that a judge can overrule any case he feels the sentencing doesn't fit a crime, this crime was horrendous and our judicial system should be held accountable for this. When I'm finished with her story I will send my link to Injustice By Conspiracy, so all of you will be able to read the real truth on this horrible crime. I have only read several of the articles and I am very upset about what has been done to this woman, and the justice that needs to be done. So if it takes me posting this on more than one page that I have on FaceBook get ready people because you will never read such a story again. I'm hoping you can all share the story when we are finished and get this victim her one wish... she wants to help others that have been raped or molested by a cop.