Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Tulsa Judge Harris Fighting Back

The felony case against a Tulsa judge heats up. Judge Jesse Harris is fighting back after charges of indecent exposure were filed. He's going after the Washington County District Attorney assigned to his case, asking that the prosecutor be disqualified.

Judge Jesse Harris accuses Washington County District Attorney Rick Esser of intentional misconduct. He filed this motion on Monday to have him removed from the case.

In the filing, Harris claims he has evidence of intentional misconduct and that the DA filed criminal charges against him only after he refused to resign. Harris points to an April 11th and April 18th meeting he had with Esser and others.

The first was several weeks before charges were filed claiming Judge Harris fondled himself in front of an ex-girlfriend and one of her friends.

In the motion, Judge Harris claims if he didn't resign promptly, Esser told him "the press would get a hold of this."

Harris says District Attorney Esser followed through on that threat and provided the Tulsa World with confidential police reports relating to the incident before the charges were filed April 24th.

In the filing, Harris also claims police released a graphic affidavit to the paper to embarrass him as payback for not stepping down.

In the meantime, Judge Harris is no longer presiding over felony cases since he faces two felony counts himself.

3 comments:

Paul Revere said...

Poor Jesse. How do YOU like it, butthead? Police report records are not confidential but public record. I see the desperation in your actions, trying to bury the case in transfers and dismissal attempts. I have seen your actions in cases very similar to yours and you tried your best to crucify the defendants. You have been witnessed losing your temper/cool to the extent of rising from your lofty bench to start a tirade of profanity against some of the defendants when things didn't go YOUR way. I look forward to seeing you lose all you have gained undeserved but most I look forward to seeing your name in the obituaries with cause of death listed as suicide. I am tired of you and people like you making peoples lives much more difficult than neccesary whether innocent or not.

Anonymous said...

This judge took away my parental rights to be a part of my childs life becuase I could not afford to pay child support and my ex husband had moved and refused to inform me of his whereabouts for almost three years. It took him less than 15 minutes to rule that my parental rights be terminated... is there any chance I can apeal this since this judge is obviously crooked? I love my son and want to be a part of his life and the way this went down is wrong!

Perdure said...

Anonymous:

I would speak with Attorney. It is possible that you could have your case re-looked at.
Good Luck! I hope you succeed in your efforts to be a part of your sons life.