Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Deputy Accused of Road Rage

A Buncombe County deputy accused of road rage has been suspended without pay.

Buncombe County Sheriff Van Duncan said the alleged incident happened on July 9. He said that was when a woman claimed that the deputy pounded on her car window near the intersection of Patton Avenue and Leicester Highway.

Duncan said that both the woman and the deputy made separate 911 calls.

The first 911 call came from the woman:

Dispatcher: “He tried to get into your car? Is that what you’re saying?”

Woman: “Yes. He tried to pull me out of the truck and now he’s up behind me.”

Dispatcher: “Why did he try to pull you out of the truck ma’am?”

Woman: “Because he cut me off and I honked at him and when we got to the light he jumped out and came to my truck.”

The second 911 call from the deputy tells a much different story:

Dispatcher: “And she’s just road rage or something?”

Deputy: “Yeah. I got over and I didn’t cut her off or nothing and then she gets over on my rear end and I look in the mirror and she’s flipping me off. So I get out of the car to see what the problem is and she’s all cussing and raising Cain, you know? So I ain’t even going to deal with this, so I called.”

Duncan said that he cannot prove the woman’s claim.

The State Bureau of Investigation has taken over the case, Duncan said.

No comments: