Friday, May 03, 2013

Officer Kristopher Landis Arrested for Drinking and Driving

A Farmington Hills police officer has been suspended without pay after investigators say he was drinking and driving.

Officer Kristopher Landis has been with the Farmington Hills police department for 7 years.

On the night of March 10, police in South Lyon say Landis crashed his Buick into an unoccupied parked car on South Parkwood Drive.

The owner of the car said his car was totaled.

According to the police report, Landis told investigators he was driving home when he hit the other car. The report says Landis' "speech was greatly slurred" and there was a "very strong odor of intoxicants on his breath".

Documents show Officer Landis had a blood alcohol content of .17 which is more than twice the legal limit of .08.

A second test showed he had a blood alcohol content of .15. Officer Landis says he plead guilty to drinking and driving. He gave this statement to 7 Action News:

"I was going through an extremely hard time in my life. I made a mistake. I'm grateful
no one was hurt. I've learned from it. I'm using it to better myself as an officer and a person.

I'm extremely grateful for all the support from my immediate family and my brothers
at the police department."

We reached out to Farmington Hills Police Chief Chuck Nebus. He says Officer Landis is a good officer with a good record. As for when Landis could be back on the force, Chief Nebus said he can't legally comment since the internal matter hasn't been resolved yet.

No comments: