Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Officer Shea Brown Arrested for Tampering with Evidence

The person arrested following an investigation into missing evidence turned out to be...a police officer.

Officer Shea Brown was arrested by the Columbia County Sheriff's Office on a felony warrant issued by the State Attorney's Office for tampering with evidence.

This warrant was issued after the Florida Department of Law Enforcement conducted an investigation on some missing evidence from the Lake City Police Department.

Brown turned herself in and she was booked at the Columbia County Detention Center. Bond was set at $5,000. She bonded out of jail and was placed on administrative leave without pay by the Lake City Police Department. The department is conducting its own internal investigation.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't destroy evidence, I used my discretion and destroyed CONTRABAND. I didn't charge the suspect with the MISD amount of marijuana, but still took him to jail on a felony warrant! Yall need to get all the facts straight prior to printing these ridiculous stories!!! ALSO THE CHARGE AGAINST ME WAS DROPPED!! Also why did you fail to mention when FDLE did their investigation they cleared me of any wrong doing???? I am still a police officer, that should tell you that FDLE found I did NOT commit a crime!

Anonymous said...

I think that was seriously screwed up for them to do that to you. After working with you I know that you would never tamper with evidence. As cops we all have let someone get rid of a little bit of weed because the paperwork is too much for just a slap on the wrist.

Unknown said...

You are a thief Shea, you are not a cop.
Dont trust her or her husband. Ripped me off for 400. for a mastiff puppy that I never received.