Thursday, January 22, 2009

Officer Gary Pignato Accused of Coercing a Woman into Sex


A suspended Greece police officer accused of coercing a woman into sex is now scheduled to go on trial June 1.

Officer Gary Pignato, 48, of Hilton is accused of a felony crime of accepting a bribe and two misdemeanor counts — coercion and official misconduct.

A Greece woman alleges that Pignato came to her home in August in response to a domestic dispute, then coerced her into a sexual encounter later.

Those allegations, however, are contained in legal papers filed by the woman in a notice that she intends to sue Pignato and the town of Greece.

In the woman's legal papers, filed Nov. 18, she alleges that Pignato responded to a domestic dispute at her home on Aug. 24. She told Pignato she had been drinking, a possible probation violation.

The woman alleges that Pignato told her she could "avoid going to jail" if she met him later that evening. She did meet Pignato and went to his home, she alleges. There, the notice alleges, Pignato "forcibly" required her to submit to sex.

Her attorney has said that the sex between the two was not consensual, but "was a coerced act under the threat of arrest and jail" and that the woman was on probation for a petit larceny of less than $50.

Prosecutors have not detailed specifics of the criminal allegations against Pignato, but do say it stems from his response as an officer to an argument at the Greece home.

The Democrat and Chronicle is not printing the name of the woman because she alleges she was the victim of sexual coercion in her legal papers.

Pignato has pleaded not guilty and his lawyer says Pignato did not commit a crime. He has been suspended without pay.


2 comments:

Davy V. said...

Nicholas Joseph is a DIRTY COP! I sued him in 1997. He falsely arrested me and assaulted me. He told me he owned the street I lived on and that when he calls me to his car I better come. That was when he was with the R.P.D. I sued him and his brother David Joseph who is a seargeant with the R.P.D. I won my Federal lawsuit as a jury found both brothers guilty of violating my civil rights. I attended Nick Joseph's trial in Supreme Court for his charges in the Greece hit and run, and let me say that he had the same smirk on his face that he had 10 years ago when he beat me. I was there when Justice Affronti read his verdict. GUILTY on every count! I loved seeing his face turn red as Justice Affronti convicted him of every single charge! Now the DA'S office needs to uncover all the corruption ain the Greece Police Department beginning with Merrit Rahn!

- Davy V.
KEEP IT ON THE REEL Productions

Anonymous said...

Sleaze pig-nato is fully corrupt. He forced himself on Leslie Markowski when she called 911 in Greece on December 24, 2006. She might say it was consensual, but the sleazy pig is still wrong!!! Unless the Greece police department condones its officers having sex with women who call 911, pignato is a guilty sleazey ass of a man. I bet Leslie Markowski has information about the sleaze pig Joseph too!!!! She may even be the one who picked him up. If she wasn't driving, PIGNATO was.