Friday, August 08, 2008

Undercover Officer Resigns After Posting Online Sex Ads

OVIEDO, Fla.

An Oviedo police officer who posted naked pictures of himself online has resigned.

The photos were next to graphic ads for sex.

Investigators said that they did not know anything about the sex ads online until they received a tip. The pictures of undercover agent Scott Woodlee were posted on Craigslist. He posted several dozen naked pictures on the site advertising sex with men and women.

"I've been in the business for 20 years and this is very disturbing," said Lieutenant George Ilemsky of the Oviedo Police Department. "It's conduct unbecoming of an officer. There is nothing criminal here. It is strictly administrative."

Investigators said they were able to identify Woodlee in the pictures, because of his tattoos. Channel 9 obtained a copy of the taped interview when Woodlee was confronted and tried to explain his actions.

"Well, like I said, I could sit here and tell you I did it for entertainment purposes, because most of the stuff on there is 90 percent 'BS' anyways, to be quite honest with you," stated Woodlee.

He told investigators that he posted the ads after a long day at work.

"I see maybe if we want to call it poor judgment. I did it on my time and by no means am I minimizing or justifying my actions," said Woodlee.

It is unsure if he will lose his job.

No comments: